Helen is a very experienced piano teacher and enjoys teaching children, teenagers and adults at all levels of playing from beginner to advanced and also returners.
Helens lessons can help develop your piano skills in the following ways-
- Develop a sound piano technnique and musicianship, including aural and rhythmic awareness.
- Develop a good practice routine.
- Introduction to varied and exciting music.
- Learn to read notation and improve your sight-reading.
- Learn to play by ear and learn harmony skills.
- Develop good tone and phrasing and learn to add colour to your music.
- Work towards qualifications ABRSM Grades 1-8.
- Develop your confidence.
Her teaching style is supportive and fun, with plenty of laughs per lesson, yet also constructive with emphasis based on structuring a weekly practice that works best for the student and their life style.
Helen has an established practice at her music room in Mytholmroyd, Hebden Bridge and also at Yorkshire College of Music and Drama in Leeds. She has worked in the music proffession and taught privately since completing her BPA degree from Leeds College of Music in 2000.
Trial lesson/consultation – FREE
£13 – half hour lesson
£19.50 – 45 min lesson
£26 – 1 hour lesson