Helen has sang all her life, and aside from self learning, has studied singing with Elizabeth Nygård and Rachel Adie-Rhodes, focusing on vocal Alexander technique. She has studied with Georgian and Swiss song-masters and attended singing masterclasses in Indian vocal music.
Her specialism is accapella singing, particularly in Swiss folk and Georgian polyphonic chant- yet she teaches, sings and directs many songs from around the world.
She sang with female jazz quintet Solaris and Georgian folk ensemble Samzeo. She directed the Leeds U3A choir for many years.
She performs professionally with her sister in Sätteli - as heard on Radio 3 Late Night Junction and facilitates highly popular singing workshops.
Helen's lessons can help develop your vocal skills in the following ways-
- Improve your tuning and tonal quality.
- Develop your confidence, musicality, aural (and including rhythmical) awareness.
- Develop your technical ability and range.
- Learn to read notation and improve your sight-reading.
- Learn to sing using a variety of songs from around the world.
- Learn using the songs that pupil and teacher choose together.
Helen teaches at her music room in Mytholmroyd, Hebden Bridge and has worked in the music profession since completing her BPA music degree from Leeds College of Music in 2000.
Trial lesson/consultation – FREE
£13 – half hour lesson
£19.50 – 45 min lesson
£26 – 1 hour lesson